Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Eating Healthier

Lately I have been trying to really focus on what I eat.  I workout 2 hours a day and I have a very fast metabolism so I get away with eating certain foods.  I have been trying to cut down on eating burgers and wings even though they taste so good!  Whatever meal I have, I try to eat a salad which chicken, light cheese and not that much ranch.  Also I try to have a parfait if available.

My main drink consists of water.  I drink water with every meal and plenty of times throughout the day.  The only time I am drinking something else is if I want a glass of orange juice in the morning or if I am having a bowl of cereal, I'll drink milk.

I think the main concern for me is to eat more.  There are times when I will go the whole day without eating because I forget.  Even if I do get a meal, I should be eating more but do not eat as much as I should.  I'm not the pickiest eater, but I do like when food tastes good and is actually appealing.

A problem I have is that a lot of healthy foods are expensive.  I try to eat what the cafeteria gives us.  The healthy food is typically the same,  I can get a sandwich or a salad.  Once a week, they have a vegetarian day.  The food is not appealing at all.  Some people say that healthy food is supposed to taste bad but that is not true.  Food can taste good and still be healthy at the same time.



If you are able to afford the healthy foods, I recommend getting them.  If you can not afford the foods, try your best to eat healthy.  Research foods and learn the nutritional value of them.  If you have to get a fast food meal, learn about their healthier meals.  Even if you have to do research on meals, you may find that some food is really inexpensive.  There's a lot to choose from.

Eating healthy is a thing we should all strive for.  People are so quick to make excuses about it or refute the idea.  We should really start taking it into consideration and applying ourselves to eating better.


No comments:

Post a Comment