Saturday, April 18, 2015

Water Diet

So lately I have been on a water diet.  This is when I try to only drink water instead of drinks with a lot of sugar, such as juice or pop.  I wake up in the morning and try to have at least two cups to start my day.  This replenishes me and it gets my body ready for what's in store the rest of the day.


During each class I have, I also try to finish a bottle.  My goal is to get over a gallon a day.  The reason my goal is a gallon a day, is because I sweat a lot.  Your body sweats to help cool you down while working out.   This means that you are losing fluids in your body that must be replenished.  Drinking a lot of water will help keep a lot of the fluids in my body and help me to avoid things such as cramps in my legs.

I was always told that water is the most important thing we need in our lives.  Without it, we would die in a couple days.  Water nourishes our cells and the body.  When I have a headache, I usually just drink more water.  It may be because I am dehydrated and need more fluids in my body.


Here is a video on the importance of water. Lynn Goldstein gives us the benefits of drinking water and how essential it is to our daily lives.  Lynn Goldstein is a registered dietitian and helps those find a healthy way of dieting.

Here is another video on water and drinking too much.

AsapSCIENCE explains what can happen if we drink too much water.  We need to find a balance between drinking too little water and being dehydrated, and too much water and being over hydrated.


Everyone is different.  The amount of water I drink may not be the amount of water that you should drink.  Even though it may seem like I'm on a just water diet.  I still drink milk and orange juice.  Until I find another way to get the nutrients that these two give, I will still continue to drink them.  Plus, what is a bowl of your favorite cereal without the milk? 

No comments:

Post a Comment